Arts Education Links and Resources
- Encourage Creativity | Americans for the Arts
- Arts Education Navigator: Facts and Figures
- Arts Education Network
- Tools & Resources
- NAEA Visual Arts Standards
- NAEA Platform and Position Statements
- Long-Term Benefits of Music Lessons
- Adobe Benchmark Study on Creativity at school, work and home
- Stem to STEAM website
- Poetry Out Loud Competition FREE program for SD high schools
- From STEM to STEAM: Science and Art go hand-in-hand
- SDAC Artists in School & Communities
- SDAC Touring Arts Roster
- Arts Directory
- SD DOE FINAL Graduation Requirements
- SD Content Standards
- SD High School Activities Assn. Fine Arts Handbook
- SD Board of Education Members
- Visual Thinking Strategies (VTS)
- Visual thinking strategies=creative and critical thinking
- Carpe Diem: Seizing the Common Core with Visual Thinking Strategies in the Visual Arts Classroom
- Reinvesting in Arts Education
National/Other regional arts education advocacy resources
South Dakota Art Educators Association - http://sdaeak12.weebly.com SDAEA is striving to protect the creative spirit of today's children and to develop networks with other Art organizations in the State with the same goal.
South Dakota Music Education Association - http://www.sdmea.net The South Dakota Music Education Association's purpose is the advancement of music education.
American Alliance for Theatre & Education-- http://www.aate.com A good toolkit under “Advocacy” as well as other resources and information about events.
Americans for the Arts: Arts Education Network-- http://www.artsusa.org/networks/arts_education/ Many resources, including an easy to use e-advocacy center, information about their public awareness campaign “The Arts. Ask for More.”, and art education research.
Arts Education Partnership-- http://aep-arts.org/ MANY publications available, as well as information about forums and an easy to understand state policy database..
National Art Education Association-- http://www.arteducators.org/ Easy to use advocacy information, research, and much more in support of visual art education.
National Association for Music Education-- http://www.menc.org/ Plenty of resources for every aspect of school music education, including a “Grab and Go Advocacy” flyer.
National Endowment for the Arts-- http://arts.gov A TON of arts education resources under “Publications”.
National Guild for Community Arts Education-- http://www.nationalguild.org/ Links to resources, as well as information about advocacy action the guild is currently taking.
School Music Matters-- http://www.schoolmusicmatters.com/ Facts, quotations, and an idea bank targeted towards saving your school music program.